Sunday, April 10, 2011

Unconditional Love

Hey everybody!!!! I know it has been a couple weeks since my first blog. I had one blog that I was writing, and unfortunately it was mistakenly deleted. So, here I am writing a totally different blog, then I intended.

This weekend I went to church; which a lot of people who know me would find humorous. Now, I'm not going to say what kind of church it was, because I'm the type of person who believes that everybody has the right to believe in what they want; as long as they don't hurt others. Moving on, at the church I saw a sweet, feel-good moment that I just have to talk about.

I was sitting in the back of the building, and saw an elderly mother and her adult daughter enter and sit down. The first beautiful moment I caught a glimpse of is the two walking to their seats holding hands, and then hugging each other and giving each other a kiss when they sat down. After that, the mother laid her head on her daughter's shoulder during the service, and through the whole service they held hands. Every time my eyes moved in that direction I saw them holding hands. Now, there were moments when the mother didn't have her head on her daughter's shoulder, but she wouldn't let go of her hand. Also, you would see a quick glimpse of them giving each other a kiss on the cheek. My eyes were drawn in that direction, because nowadays it is rare to see that kind of love between family, and it made me think. I started thinking, "Have these two always had this bond with each other?", "Did something happened in their life that drew them together like this?", and "Why does it seem so hard for people in general to show this kind of love?" These questions will probably stay questions in my head. I mean, I'm not going to go and ask the mother and daughter why they choose to show love to each other. My last question probably will never be answered either, because unfortunately people are not honest with themselves; and they probably wouldn't admit to being distant with each other.

Now, you might wonder why I am writing about this; and the main reason is for people to look at their own life and see if they are as close to their family as they would like to be. By seeing these moments with the mother and daughter you could tell that they wanted to appreciate all the moments they share together. Unfortunately, I don't see these moments  in everyday life very often. You usually only see these moments during tragedy. So, I'm going to end my blog by saying...... Don't wait til tragedy to enjoy your moments with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment